Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to delete all your music from your Apple Music account. This is useful if you’re wanting to start fresh with a new music collection, or if you’re trying to free up some space on your device.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you might want to delete your music from Apple Music
When you delete a song or album from your Apple Music library, it also deletes any downloaded copies of that song or album that you have on any of your devices. And if you’ve added the song or album to your iCloud Music Library, it deletes the song or album from iCloud too.
You might want to delete music from your library for a number of reasons. For example, if you have a lot of songs and not enough storage space on your device, you might want to delete some music so that you can download other items, like apps or podcasts. Or maybe you don’t like a certain artist anymore and want to remove all their music from your library.
Whatever the reason, if you want to delete music from Apple Music, here’s how!
How to delete all your music from Apple Music
If you’re no longer interested in listening to your music on Apple Music, you can delete all of the songs from your account. This will remove the songs from your device and prevent them from being synced in the future.
To delete all of your music from Apple Music:
1. Open the Music app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the “My Music” tab.
3. Tap “Songs”.
4. Tap “Edit” in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap “Select All” at the top of the list of songs.
6. Tap “Delete” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
How to delete specific songs or albums from Apple Music
If you’re no longer interested in a particular song or album, you can delete it from your Apple Music collection. Deleting music from your collection doesn’t mean deleting it from your iCloud Music Library or having to repurchase it; it just takes it off your device.
How to delete music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
You can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. You can also delete content that you added to your device using iTunes on your computer.
If you delete songs or albums from your device, they might still be available in your My Music section.
To delete a song, album, or playlist from your device:
-Open the Music app and go to your Library.
-Tap Songs, Albums, or Playlists.
-Tap , then tap Delete. If you don’t see , touch and hold the item.
-Tap Delete from [device].
How to delete music from your Mac or PC
Deleting music from your Mac or PC is a little different depending on where you downloaded the music from and how you want to delete it. If you just want to delete a few songs or albums, you can do that directly from your computer. If you want to delete everything, you’ll need to use iTunes.
How to delete music from your Apple Watch
If you no longer want to see music on your Apple Watch, you can delete it from your device. To do this, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Then, tap Music > Songs.
Next to each song, you’ll see a red minus sign . Tap it, then tap Delete. To delete an album or playlist, tap the red X next to it.
How to delete music from your Apple TV
Deleting music from your Apple TV is a simple process. Just follow the steps below:
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Select Accounts.
3. Select iTunes and App Store.
4. Select Delete This Account.
5. You will be prompted to confirm your decision. Select Delete again to confirm.
How to delete music from your HomePod
If you don’t want to keep your music on your HomePod, you can delete it. To delete all the music from your HomePod:
1. Open the Apple Music app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the Library tab.
3. Tap Songs.
4. Tap Select.
5. Tap Delete.
6. Tap Done when prompted.
How to delete music from your car
If you want to delete music from your car, there are a few ways you can go about it. One way is to simply remove the files from your car’s media player. This will delete the files from your car, but they will still be stored on your computer or other devices.
If you want to delete the files completely, you can use a program like iTunes to delete them from your computer. Once they are deleted from your computer, they will no longer be accessible from any device.
How to delete music from other devices
If you’re no longer using an iOS device, iPod, or computer, you can remove it from your list of devices that are associated with your Apple ID. When you remove a device, its content is no longer accessible from that device. If you want to use the content from your Apple Music subscription on that device again, you need to associate it with your Apple ID again.
To remove a device from your Apple ID:
– Open the Music app and sign in with your Apple ID.
– Tap Library.
– Select Devices. If you have multiple iOS devices or computers, select the one that you want to remove. If asked for confirmation, tap Remove or Erase [device]. If signed out of iCloud Music Library on the device that you’re removing, iCloud Music Library is turned off for the device. This action can’t be undone. If asked for confirmation, tap Remove or Erase [device].
– To completely remove all music from an iOS device: Go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. Select All Songs and tap Delete App. This removes all music from the iOS device but doesn’t turn off iCloud Music Library on that device or delete anything from your other devices where you turned on iCloud Music Library..