If you’re looking to add some music to your Imovie video, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to add music to a video on Imovie in just a few simple steps.
Checkout this video:
Whether you’re a musical maestro or just trying to add a personal touch to your latest home movie, adding music to your iMovie project is easy. This guide will walk you through the steps of importing audio, choosing the right track, and making sure it all sounds great when you share your final product.
Adding music from your iTunes library
iMovie makes it easy to turn your home videos into Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. You can even start editing on iPhone or iPad, then finish on your Mac. And when you’re ready to premiere your movie on all your devices, iMovie Theater rolls out the red carpet.
To add music from your iTunes library:
1) Open iMovie and create a new project or open an existing project.
2) Tap the Add Media button , then tap Audio.
3) Tap Songs, then browse through your music library and tap the song you want to add to your project.
4) To preview a song before adding it, tap the play button . To adjust the song’s volume, drag the volume slider left or right.
5) When you’re done, tap Done.
Adding music from the GarageBand app
Here’s how to add music to your video from the GarageBand app:
1. Tap the Add Media button .
2.Tap Songs, then tap the song you want to add.
3.Tap the Share button , then tap Export Song to Disk.
4. Connect your iOS device to your Mac, then open iTunes and select your device.
5.Drag the exported song file from your device to your Mac, then add it to your iTunes library.
6. In iMovie on your Mac, choose File > Import Media, select the song file in your iTunes library, then click Import.
Adding music from the iMovie Sound Effects library
iMovie comes with a wide variety of royalty-free sound effects that you can add to your project. To add a sound effect:
1. Tap the audio icon in the toolbar to open the audio browser.
2. Tap theSound Effects tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Browse through the available sound effects and tap on one that you want to add to your project.
4. Tap on the Add button to add the sound effect to your video project.
Adding music from a third-party website or app
If you want to add music from a third-party website or app, you can do so by first downloading the music to your computer. Once the music is downloaded, you can then add it to your video project by following these steps:
Adjusting the volume of your music
It’s easy to adjust the volume of your music in iMovie. This can be done in two ways:
1. Click the music clip in the timeline and then click theVolume button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Use the mouse to click and drag the yellow volume line up or down.
Trimming your music
Many people think that adding music to a video is as simple as importing the audio file into the editing software and hitting play. However, there are a few things you need to take into consideration before adding music to your video, such as the length of the song and how it will fit with the video footage.
One way to make sure the music and video match up is to trim the audio file so that it is the same length as the video. To do this, open your audio file in Imovie and use the markers to identify where you want the song to start and end. Then, simply delete the section of the song that you don’t want.
Another thing to consider is the volume of the music relative to the video footage. You don’t want the music to be too loud or too soft, so it’s important to find a balance. Imovie has a built-in tool that allows you to adjust the volume of your audio files, so be sure to take advantage of it.
Finally, keep in mind that adding music to a video can create a certain mood or feeling. Choose a song that fits with the overall tone of your video for best results.
Fading your music in or out
There are two main ways that you can fade your music in or out in iMovie:
1. Use the handles on the audio waveform to adjust the volume manually.
2. Use the keyframe button to add keyframes and adjust the volume automatically.
Adding a second music track
To add a second music track to your video, follow these steps:
1. Select the video clip in the timeline that you want to add a second music track to.
2.Click the “Edit” menu and select “Split Clip.”
3.Click and drag the split point to where you want the new music track to start playing.
4.Click on the ” transitions” icon in the iMovie toolbar and drag the “Cross Dissolve” transition onto the split point in your clip.
5.Click on the “Music” icon in the iMovie toolbar and select the second music track that you want to add to your video.
6.Select the portion of the second music track that you want to use in your video and drag it into place on the timeline so that it lines up with the other music track.
Exporting your video with music
After you’ve added all of your desired music and audio clips to your iMovie project, you’re ready to export your video with the audio.
When you’re satisfied with your iMovie project, click on Share in the top right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear with a number of different options for exporting your video. To add music to your video, select Export Movie.
In the next window, you’ll be able to choose the file format, quality, and size for your exported video. Make sure that the Include Audio box is checked before clicking on Export. Your video will now export with the added music!