The Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association is a non-profit organization that promotes the art of bluegrass music in Wisconsin. It was founded in 1984 and has grown to become one of the most active bluegrass organizations in the world with over 10,000 members from all 50 states and more than 30 countries.
The big thaw bluegrass festival is a music festival that takes place in Wisconsin. There are always great performances and the weather is always perfect. The event has been going on for over 20 years.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to the Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association! Our mission is to promote and support bluegrass music in the area by organizing regular jams and concerts. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, we hope you’ll join us for some good old-fashioned bluegrass fun!
About Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association
The Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association is a non-profit organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our mission is to promote and support the bluegrass music scene in the Greater Milwaukee Area. We do this by hosting monthly jams, organizing events and workshops, and providing a forum for communication between local bluegrass musicians.
The Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association was founded in 2010 by a group of passionate bluegrass enthusiasts. Since then, we’ve grown steadily, and today we are proud to be one of the largest and most active bluegrass organizations in the Midwest.
We welcome all levels of experience at our monthly jams, which are held on the first Wednesday of every month at The American Legion Post 449 in Milwaukee (map). These jams are open to the public, and they’re a great opportunity to meet other bluegrass musicians and learn new tunes. If you’re new to jamming, don’t worry – we’ll help you get started!
In addition to our monthly jams, we also host special events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, workshops, and more. We also offer an annual membership program that includes discounts on events and merchandise, as well as access to our members-only Facebook group.
Whether you’re a seasoned picker or just getting started with this wonderful style of music, we hope you’ll join us at one of our upcoming events!
Where to find bluegrass jams near me
If you’re a fan of bluegrass music, you might be wondering where to find bluegrass jams near you. Luckily, there are plenty of options available, whether you live in the heart of Appalachia or in a big city on the coast. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Check out your local music scene. If you live in a town or city with a vibrant music scene, chances are there are bluegrass jams happening somewhere nearby. Ask around at your local record store or coffee shop, or check out online resources like Craigslist or Facebook groups.
2. Search for bluegrass festivals in your area. Many regions across the country host annual bluegrass festivals, which usually feature several days of nonstop jamming. This is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture and meet other bluegrass fans from all over.
3. Look for venues that host regular acoustic nights. These days, many bars and restaurants host regular acoustic nights where musicians can come and play their songs unplugged. While not all of these will be dedicated to bluegrass specifically, you’re likely to find at least a few tunes being played during the course of the evening.
4 . Ask friends and family if they know of any good spots for bluegrass jams near you . Chances are someone you know knows someone who knows about a great hidden gem of a spot where locals love to gather and pick away at their guitars and banjos . So don’t be shy – reach out and see what comes up!
5 . Keep an eye out for special events . Things like farmers markets , community fairs , and even some flea markets will sometimes have live music going on , so it’s always worth taking a stroll around and seeing what’s happening . You never know when you might stumble upon an impromptu jam session !
Biscuit Creek Band
The Biscuit Creek Band is a bluegrass band based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The band was formed in 2013 by four friends who all shared a love for bluegrass music. The band has since gone on to perform at various venues and events throughout the Midwest, including the Milwaukee Bluegrass Festival and the Chicago Bluegrass Festival.
The Biscuit Creek Band is known for their high energy performances and their ability to get audiences up and dancing. The band has a repertoire of both traditional and original songs, which they often incorporate into their live shows. In addition to their musical talents, the members of the Biscuit Creek Band are also skilled storytellers, often sharing tales of their travels and adventures on stage.
If you’re looking for a fun-filled evening of toe-tapping bluegrass music, be sure to catch the Biscuit Creek Band next time they’re in town!
Milwaukee Bluegrass Jam
Looking for a bluegrass jam in Milwaukee? Look no further than the Milwaukee Bluegrass Jam! Held every Wednesday night at the Biscuit Creek Bandstand, the Milwaukee Bluegrass Jam is the perfect place to enjoy some great live music and dance the night away. With a variety of local bands performing each week, thereufffds always something new to enjoy at the Milwaukee Bluegrass Jam.
What is bluegrass music?
Bluegrass music is a genre of American roots music that developed in the 1940s in the Appalachian region of the United States. The style is characterized by its use of string instruments, including the banjo, fiddle, guitar, and mandolin, as well as its distinctive vocal harmonies. Bluegrass songs often tell stories about the hardscrabble lives of rural Americans and are often infused with a sense of melancholy and nostalgia.
The term “bluegrass” is derived from the blue grass that grows in Kentucky and other parts of Appalachia. The genre was first popularized by bands such as Bill Monroe and His Blue Grass Boys and Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs. In recent years, bluegrass has experienced a resurgence in popularity thanks to bands like Biscuit Creek Band and Milwaukee Bluegrass Jam. If you’re looking for some good old-fashioned bluegrass jams near you, be sure to check out these bands!
How to start playing bluegrass music
For those of you looking to start playing bluegrass music, there are a few things you should know. First and foremost, bluegrass is a genre of Americana music that originated in the southern United States. It’s characterized by its use of string instruments, including the banjo, fiddle, and guitar, as well as its bluesy and folksy sound. If you’re interested in learning how to play bluegrass music, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Find a good bluegrass band near you. There are many great bands out there that can help teach you the ropes. Attending live shows is a great way to learn about the genre and get a feel for what it’s all about. You can also find instructional videos and DVDs online or at your local music store.
2. Get yourself some quality instruction manuals or DVDs. While attending live shows is certainly beneficial, having some quality resources at home will be invaluable as you learn how to play bluegrass music. Be sure to check out our instructional materials page for some great options.
3. Start practicing! One of the best ways to learn how to play bluegrass music is simply by picking up your instrument and starting to practice on your own time. You may want to start by learning some basic chords and melodies before moving on to more complex pieces. There are also many online resources available that can help guide your practice sessions (see our links page for some recommendations).
4. Join or form a band! Once you’ve got a handle on the basics, it’s time to start jamming with other musicians. This is where being part of a band can really come in handy – not only will they be able to provide support and feedback as you continue honing your skills, but playing with others is one of the best ways to really bring your love of bluegrass music alive!
Tips for playing bluegrass music
Whether you’re a seasoned bluegrass musician or just getting started, there are always ways to improve your skills. Here are some tips to help you play better bluegrass music:
1. Listen to as much bluegrass as you can. The best way to learn how to play bluegrass is by listening to it and absorbing as much of the style as possible. There are many great resources available these days, including online streaming services and YouTube.
2. Find a good teacher. If you want to really improve your playing, find a good instructor who can teach you the ins and outs of bluegrass technique. A good teacher will be able to help you develop proper technique and also give you feedback on your playing.
3. Practice, practice, practice! Like with anything else in life, the more you practice, the better you’ll become at playing bluegrass music. Make sure to set aside some time each day to work on your playing, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
4. Join or start a band. Playing with other musicians is a great way to improve your skills and learn new techniques. It’s also a lot of fun! If there isn’t already a bluegrass band in your area, why not start one yourself?
5 . Attend festivals and concerts . Seeing live music is a great way to get inspired and motivated to play better yourself . Festivals are especially great because they usually feature multiple bands performing , so you can really soak in all that great bluegrass sound .
Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association events
The Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of bluegrass music in the state of Wisconsin. They hold monthly jams and concerts, as well as an annual festival. Jams are open to all levels of players, from beginners to experts. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming.
If you’re looking for a bluegrass jam near you, check out the Badgerland Bluegrass Music Association’s website. They have a list of events happening around the state, so you’re sure to find one that’s close by. And if you’re ever in Milwaukee, be sure to check out their flagship jam at Biscuit Creek Park.